DO YOU NEED A SPEAKER for your meeting or conference? Do you need someone to talk about the Journey of Writing or the Self-Publishing Process or the Marketing of You and Your Book?
Today’s date: January 16, 2009
- Presenter/Author’s name: Patricia L. Brooks, MAOM
- speaker, author, publishing consultant, faculty
- Brooks Goldmann Publishing, LLC www.brooksgoldmannpublishing.com
- Phone: 480-250-5556
- Presenter’s Email:
- BLOG: https://brooksgoldmannpublishing.com
- BOOK – GIFTS OF SISTERHOOD – a journey on to your own
- Retail Price: $15.95 w/current publisher plus shipping and tax
- $15.95 plus shipping and tax or less at www.Amazon.com
- Free chapters available on www.plbrooks.com
- ISBN: #1-4208-1875-9
- Current book title: Gifts of Sisterhood – a journey on to your own
- Fiction/Non-fiction – Memoir/non-fiction
- Part one of three planned – two others in the works now
- Discounted price, if any: $15.00 event price – tax included/signed copy
- Other books BGP has authored/produced:
- FINISHED May – 2008
- Discover the Secret Energized You – author, K. Buckley
- See Brooks Goldmann Publishing Company page on www.azbkpub.org
- ISBN #9-780981-788104
- See www.discoverthesecretenergizedyou.com
- FINISHED Jan – 2009 – Gratitude a Verb
- Meditation Book by M. Lyding
- See www.brooksgoldmannpublishing.com
- Background/Credentials/Honors and Awards:
· Patricia L. Brooks, MAOM is an author, conference speaker, publishing consultant and university faculty.
· She is president and founder of the Scottsdale Society of Women Writers, and an active member of the AZ Authors Association and the AZ Book Publishers Association.
· She is the published author of Gifts of Sisterhood, an AZ Authors Association Literary Award winner for 2006.
· She is currently working on two other books to finish her Gift series. One is a self-help/memoir about her survival twice from violent crime. It focuses on her thriving in recovery from PTSD and her faith journey. The other addresses the issues of inheriting the Alzheimer’s gene from a parent and how to address the loss of a mother to this disease.
· She holds a Masters Degree in Organizational Management and teaches occasionally at Arizona State University in Marketing.
· She is president/founder of P. L. Brooks Seminars, LLC (since 1996) and Brooks Goldmann Publishing Company, LLC (since 2007).
· Patricia is currently consulting aspiring authors as their “book shepherd” to bring their books forward to a successful publication and speaking on a regular basis.
- Description of the Gifts of Sisterhood book’s contents.
“We give and receive gifts, but the gifts that keep on giving – Faith Courage, Love, Friendship, Happiness, Acceptance – to name a few – are the gifts my sister gave so freely. Too often it takes a life changing experience to recognize what we already have, affirm what we already know, welcome what is given to us and share it with others.”
Patricia’s first book, Gifts of Sisterhood, is an inspirational portrait of a relationship of two sisters who were friends, confidants and soul mates. The book shows wit, courage and faith during times of need and challenge, as well as insight into a philosophy of life worth emulating by inspiring you to write about your gifts. Patricia takes you from the Mackinac area of Michigan, where they grew up in small town Americana, to their roots in County Tipperary, Ireland. The journey is fresh and uplifting, moving and generous in its account of this sister’s perspective of a life worth remembering, and of the words her sister lived by.