Choose or Create your own
In an encouraging and insightful presentation, Patricia L. Brooks will help you determine where you are with your writing and what you are looking for in a Critique Group. Through her presentation: Choose or Create your own Critique Group she will share with you why and how to do these things to your own satisfaction.
She will also help you face your fear of feedback, get past the challenge of sharing your written work and conquer the limits of time and place for such an endeavor.
With tips and techniques from her 15 years of personal experience in Critique Groups, Patricia will inspire you to take the necessary steps to determine if an Open or Closed Critique Group is for you, if a General or Genre based Critique Group is for you and if an In Person or Online group is for you
She will also stimulate you to undertake the daunting and exciting task of creating your own Critique Group so you can find your voice as a leader, give yourself permission to teach and test the waters of service to the writing community.
The workshop Objectives are to:
- Understand the Purpose of Critique Groups
- Learn to appreciate the Value of all Feedback
- Discover the Challenge of trial and error in finding the right Critique Group
- Realize you must be Flexible on this Journey
- Appreciate the requirements needed to reach your Goals
The Art of Writing Memoirs
In this workshop you will immerse yourself in the art of powerful storytelling and take an unflinching look at your own stories.
You will learn to incorporate fictional techniques into your memoir writing to enhance your effort to share galvanizing events.
Objectives of this Workshop
- Learn to help your reader see and feel what you saw and felt.
- Understand the process and structure of memoir writing as a learned craft that will enhance your art.
- Appreciate the power of storytelling by being loyal to your truth.
- Further empower yourself to tell the truth.
- Take an unflinching look at your stories and share your galvanizing events.
- Bring your memoir writing to a new level with fictional techniques.
The Journey from Grief to Gratitude
In an encouraging and insightful presentation, Patricia Brooks will take you on theJourney from Grief to Gratitude by bringing her own story to you along with practical suggestions. She will share with you the unique stages of grief and her own experiences with them, as well as helping you to achieve your own path to gratitude as she rejoices in her sister’s memory with excerpts from her new book Gifts of Sisterhood by sharing her sister’s gifts with you—such as Faith, Courage, Friendship, Patience and Love. She will answer such questions as: How do I search for and find meaning in this loss? How do I use a Reflective Journal and writing as part of my healing? How do I establish a place for me to be in from now on?
Remember—this is your journey and your timeline. Learn four powerful truths you can use now:
- Trust yourself first—free yourself to grieve in your own style.
- Listen to your heart and then your mind—share yourself with someone.
- Everyone’s memory is a treasure—keep it for them.
- Two is better than one—they will always be with you.
Patricia will send you forward in a warm and personal way with a rich source of useful insights and coping strategies to start you on your journey. She will inspire you with an attitude and philosophy that will awaken you to take that last step to gratitude!
Gifts That Keep on Giving: Sharing the Journey of Writing
An insightful journey of inspiration and “how to” for beginning your writing adventure or motivation to reach the summit will be the focus of this workshop. An opportunity to get your creative juices flowing and an encouragement to write because you have to write!
TOPICS to be addressed:
- Writing Inspirations
- The Life Changing Experience
- The Opportunities in Pain, Anger, Joy and Love
- The Art of Story Telling
- The Four Powerful Truths
OBJECTIVES to be reached:
- Understand Writing Freedom
- Learn Organization in Outlines
- Appreciate Preparation prior to Writing
- Develop a Writing Plan
- Consider an Editing Plan
- Receive Self-publishing Comments
- Visualize Birthing the Baby!
Marketing Plans Made Magical
A powerful hour designed to enhance your current marketing plan or develop one for use in your professional life. You receive:
- Ten steps to build a Strategic Plan for marketing your product or service to your internal and external customers/clients.
- Advice on Mission Statements, Communication Vehicles, Analysis of the Market, Analysis of Product and Company, Competition, Cultures and Economic Systems, Goals/Objectives and Strategies, Budgets and Forecasts, Control and Feedback.
OTHER TOPICS to be addressed:
- Marketing Plan Outline
- Perceptual Mapping
OBJECTIVES to be reached:
- Gain an understanding of the necessity of a Marketing Plan
- Acquire basic knowledge for using the Marketing Plan
- Recognize the necessity for Research and Development