Please RSVP to Patricia L. Brooks, president/founder [email protected]
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Why not seize the pleasure at once, how often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation.
5:30 p.m. Network – Order dinner
6:00 p.m. Welcome – MEMBER introductions for 30 seconds ONLY – thank you!
6:30 p.m. Announcements
Ø AUG 14th WRITING CONFERENCE: Write Now 2010, Wrigley Mansion, Phoenix, all day, register at www.desertsleuths.com
Ø SEPT 24-26th WRITING CONFERENCE/CONTESTS: Members Betty Webb and Patricia L. Brooks will be speaking at the Wrangling with Writing – Tucson Radisson Hotel, register with the Society of South West Authors www.ssa-az.org or Donna J. Young, Wrangling with Writers Facebook page.
Ø OCT 2nd – SEDONA BOOK FESTIVAL www.wellredcoyote.com
Ø SCOTTSDALE LIBRARY – seeking locals authors for the library shelves – submit your books to www.scottsdalelibrary.org
Ø CONTEST/AZ Authors Association: www.azauthors.com
Ø MEMBER THANK YOU and CONGRATULATIONS: art donation w/book: Cay Randall May donated a piece of her art for the AZ Book Publishers May 1 Awards dinner – WIN award for books: Dawn Fleming and Marcia Fine won Glyph Awards in their categories – congratulations!
Ø MEMBER NEWS: Congratulations Marilyn Frazer and Joanne Deck are finalists/recipients of the Indie Excellence Award www.indieexcellence.com
Ø MEMBERS speaking w/books – Sedona: Two Members will be speaking at the Well Red Coyote Bookstore in Sedona – Kebba Buckley Button speaks: June 25, Fri. @7:00 p.m. with her book www.discoverthesecretenergizedyou.com and Patricia L. Brooks speaks on Sept. 18th Sat. with her book www.plbrooks.com on the topic of Memorable Memoirs.
6:45 – SPEAKER: DR. MARCIA REYNOLDS
SPEAKER: June 30th – Wed. 2010
My Journey from Publishing to Marketing my Books
- Book #1: What I learned NOT to do when self-publishing
- Book #2: Self-published and over 6,000 copies sold
- Book #3: Finding my voice WANDER WOMAN – just released June 2010
I will share what I’ve learned on my publishing and marketing journey and what I am planning for the future. Come hear lessons learned to help make your journey more enjoyable.
Dr. Marcia Reynolds is currently marketing her new book called Wander Woman, on how today’s strong, restless women can find contentment and direction. It was just published by Berrett-Koehler in June, 2010.
Marcia is considered an expert on the brain, helping people to understand “why they do what they do.” Excerpts from Marcia’s book, Outsmart Your Brain, have appeared in major publications around the world.
She travels around the world speaking, training and coaching leaders and rising stars in major corporations. Excerpts from her books have appeared in many publications, including Fortune Magazine, Harvard Communications Newsletter, Cosmopolitan, The Los Angeles Times and The New York Times, and she has appeared on ABC World News and National Public Radio.
In addition to her doctorate in organizational psychology, she is also a Master Certified Coach and Certified Speaking Professional.
· JUNE 30th Dr. Marcia Reynolds www.marciareynolds.com speaker, award winning author of several books shares her expertise
· JULY 28th Donis Casey – Historical Fiction Writer – published author – shares her success, ideas and habits www.doniscasey.com
· AUG 25th Laura Tohe is Dine (Navajo) [email protected] ASU professor of English, award winning author and poet
· SEPT 29th 5th Anniversary – be ready to celebrate! Stella Pope Duarte www.stellapopeduarte.com author of several award winning fiction books, speaker, advocate, educator,
· OCT 27th Vickie Mullins www.MullinsCreative.com author, speaker, creative consultant
· NOV 17th special holiday date
· DEC 15th special holiday date
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
PLEASE RSVP in advance for the next meeting to Patricia [email protected] or 480-250-5556.
We appreciate your help in making this a special event for all of us and we look forward to seeing you again! THANK YOU!
7:30 NETWORKING – meeting ends by 8:00 – thank you for coming!
Goals of the Group
- Value all the professional women writers seeking to share their expertise
- Honor all genres and all forms of professional writing
- Attend monthly meetings to move the group and its members forward
- Learn and share in the experiences of monthly professional speakers
- Grow the group to a membership of active and contributing women
- Encourage participation by members as presenters, mentors, judges and volunteers
- Support and challenge each other to always be writing
- Help members to stretch as writers and reach lofty personal goals
- Have fun, meet trustworthy women writers, share dreams